Bristol City Robins Foundation are committed to providing young people the opportunity and ability to achieve their goals in life. Their education department offers eight exciting post-16 and higher education courses.
Based at their Ashton Gate Stadium the Robins Foundation offer the following:
BA (HONS) Sports Business and Entrepreneurship
- This ground-breaking course provides three years of hands-on experience of setting up and running your own business alongside your studies.
If you love sport, and want to learn more about setting up and running your own projects and ventures, this course is ideal.
Ran in partnership with the University of the West of England our BA (Hons) Sports Business and Entrepreneurship course is a radically different degree for those looking to study entrepreneurship in a leading sports business environment.
You’ll be based at Ashton Gate Stadium, with access to the stadium’s impressive facilities, staff, coaching and networking. Based in your own office environment, you’ll develop projects, attend meetings, manage budgets and build useful skills and contacts.
Inspired by the pioneering Finnish ‘Team Academy’ approach, UWE Bristol was among the first to introduce this type of course to the UK. It’s particularly relevant if you’re looking for a practical, hands-on approach, and the chance to take charge of your own studies, with the possibility of earning your own income alongside gaining valuable experience.
In the first few weeks you’ll form a team company of up to 20 students, and work on real projects, with support from leading experts at the Foundation. There are no formal lectures; instead your team company will run its own training sessions with support from an experienced team coach. You’ll also have access to mentors and other professionals, as well as internal opportunities, workshops and personal development sessions to grow your ideas and potential.
Throughout the course, you’ll provide evidence of how you have learned from your projects and your study. You’ll work within your own team company, supported by your team coach, to share and develop your learning.
Get used to: keeping work hours, managing day-to-day challenges, dealing with customers and clients, and learn how a real business works. Learn by doing real work on real projects, alongside other members of your team company.
This applied course prepares you for work in the same way a graduate development programme does, ensuring you’ll be a confident, motivated and resilient graduate. You’ll know your strengths, interests and aspirations. You’ll have key skills and valuable contacts to hit the ground running in your career.
You’ll graduate with diverse and exciting career options. You could set up your own business-related venture or apply what you’ve learnt to work for another organisation.
- Managing my Learning and Development
- Working in Teams
- Creating a Venture
- The Sports Business
- Developing Personal Effectiveness and Resilience
- Sports Marketing
- Developing Performance in Teams
- Developing Specialist Knowledge and Understanding
- Sustaining a Venture
- Leadership in Practice
Prerequisites to Apply
- 112 UCAS points
- Business BTEC and A-Level English (desirable)
- A minimum of a C at GCSE English (Level 2 key skills not accepted)
BA (Hons) Sports Business and Entrepreneurship
- £9,250 per year for UK residents
- £12,500 per year for international students*
- Students are eligible to apply for student finance
- Indicative costs of £300 per year
*Please note that we are unable to accept applications for this course from students who require a Tier 4 visa.
- Continue to grow your existing company or project
- Jobs within the business and sports industry, nationally and internationally
- Job opportunities within the sport and leisure industry